- South Philadelphia holds a population of 172,803.
- The cheesesteak was invented in South Philly in 1930.
- South Philadelphia has a number of nicknames such as, The City of Brotherly Love, The Birthplace of America, The City That Loves You Back, The City of Neighborhoods, The Quaker City, and The Cradle of Liberty.
- South Philadelphia is the home of Independence Hall.
- The first Thanksgiving Day Parade was held in Philly in 1920.
- The first American flag was designed by Betsy Ross in South Philly.
- South Philly is home to the first hospital and medical school.
- 1 out of 6 doctors in the United States received his/ her medical training in Philadelphia
- City Hall was the World’s tallest building until 1908.
- The Philadelphia Zoo is the nation’s first zoo and is home to more than 13,000 animals.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is the third oldest daily newspaper still being published int he U.S.
- The are more than 2,000 outdoor murals thorughout South Philadelphia.
- Consists of 63 parks.
- Philly holds the country’s first art museum and art school, The Philadelphia Academy of Fine Art founded in 1805.
- Home of the Philadelphia Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, and 76ers.
Just launched www.MikeRosaniaReaEstate.com Just added a few new features and will be continuing to add functionality. Please feel free to comment and give some feedback as I want to make this the most informative website possible. My goal is to have it work in conjunction with this site to keep everyone up to date with current real estate trends and community events in S. Philly and surrounding areas!
Here it is! Please spread the word and subscribe. I plan to make this the one website to get any information regarding life in S. Philadelphia. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to contribute.